Monday, January 2, 2012

The Last Day--of Adventure!

S is off work today so...no school yet. Instead, we spent the day getting some stuff done. And some early birthday celebrating. :)

S changed the oil in my car.
I organized the homeschool cabinet and paid bills.

Folks, don't let anyone tell you different, your 40s are FULL OF ADVENTURE!

But the most important thing is, we have spent the day together and that is my favorite kind of day. We went out to eat lunch together and then went and bought me my birthday present.  Undoubtedly the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever purchased but it's OK because a child gets a pair of shoes too now! (They should, we certainly paid for 2 pair!)

I slept all night last night (9:30pm-7:00am) and felt like a new woman when I woke up. I've been back on that kick of waking up at 4am and staying awake until about 15 minutes before the alarm goes off. Oh I hate that. I don't mind waking up in the night but I like to be able to go back to sleep! I'm not ashamed to tell you I was in bed before 9:00 on New Year's Eve either. Again--ADVENTURE--IT ABOUNDS!

I'll also go ahead and tell you that S is taking a nap right now. Hey, it's his last day off. And we are, after all, adventurers.

Tomorrow is when I get my real birthday present. We're going for the big ultrasound in the morning. Wouldn't mind some prayers...the girls are coming with us and while I don't anticipate anything being wrong, it is in the back of my  head. I'm hoping for healthy most of all and also it will be fun to find out what we are having. But healthy is the #1 thing. Because if its a girl...well, I can do girls. :)

And if its a boy..well, THAT will be a really big (for real) adventure don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Oh gads, I've had more adventure since 40 than I can take sometimes! :) Yes, I did 3 girls before becoming a mother to 8 year old twin boys. WOW they're different, and they certainly throw me for a daily loop, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

    Praying for that ultrasound to confirm a healthy baby for you, be sure to keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying too!

    I'll let you know when I hit 40! :0)

    And FYI my missionary friend says that all the Toms shoes that are given away you can find in the stores in Nigeria being sold for 30 plus dollars a pair and cannot afforded--- isn't charity grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shoes! And happy early birthday! I'll be praying for your ultrasound, and eagerly awaiting the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, it figures. People are so corrupt. Maybe a few children get them for free--the ones where they go for a photo op for the Toms website!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for a healthy baby for you too! Praying today- and I am also looking forward to the next update! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)