Monday, January 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update--Week 25

Ha! Since you got no weekly wrap up about school last week, how about I just give you an update on baby?

Went for my 25 week appointment today and everything looked good. Heartbeat was good, and I hadn't gained any weight. Hmm. I was wearing lighter clothes and shoes because last time it was really cold so who knows? Both the nurse and the nurse-practitioner that I saw mentioned that my blood pressure was "better than last time."

Now let me just say that my blood pressure is normally always good. Last time was my big ultrasound and I was nervous! My heart rate was up too. I told them this. They seemed surprised I would be that nervous. But I was! Anyway, everything was good and later this week I get to take my glucose test. Oh joy.

The insomnia is killing me though. Every single night I wake up between 3 and 4am and stay awake until 6 or 7. I can't take much more. I NEED to sleep!!

But really I feel pretty good and very blessed. I love feeling baby kick. I'm so excited for her to get here.

I did have my first ever Braxton Hicks contractions this last week. I have never felt them with any other pregnancy. I was having 3 an hour for several hours. They said if it happens again (that much) to go to labor and delivery to be checked. It happens that drinking and resting made them go away this time. I drink like a camel all day...but I guess I just have to watch it. Since that day I've only had 1 or 2 a day.

Different background! Love the sheet-curtain?


So on days when I have doctor's appointments, we don't seem to get much school in. That's OK because all our 6 week breaks went away, so a light day every now and then is nice.

We did learn something else at the doctor today and that is that my 12 year old is over 5' 4" tall! They measured her out of curiosity. Mercy! I had no idea she was that tall. Just a few months ago she was 5' 1"!

Tomorrow I hope to share our room re-do with you! Or what there is of it so far.

5 comments:

  1. Cute picture...love your top! I had Braxton Hicks contractions throughout all of my pregnancies, from right around 15 weeks and on. They were mildly annoying and never posed any problem for me or the babies. I always hoped it would mean baby would come a little early, but alas, two of mine were more than a week overdue. I do tend to have fairly easy natural births though, maybe because my uterus was in super shape from all those "practice" contractions! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello pretty pregnant lady! Yuck on the glucose test... man gotta say yuck again!!!

    With Matt I had braxton hicks and then I was like OH wow... I had those with Kaitlin too-- but I didn't know it. With Emily I can't remember for the life of me-- that poor baby's whole pregnancy/delivery are pretty much a blur to me.

    if you stay up later do you still wake up at 4:00? is it a potty thing? Can you turn on a show??? As an insomniac--- I know it is rough! I was so glad when my meds were having me sleep through the night but then that wore off! Back to the same ol' same ol'... HEY email me.. I MIGHT be up! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the compliments..I was dressed for church. :) You've probably rarely seen me dressed up!
    Carrie--yes. If I stay up late I wake up at 4:00 instead of 3:30!! Last night I was back asleep by 5:50 or 6:00 and slept until 7:00.'then I was asleep from 7:30 to 8:45. Lots of pieces added up equal a good night's sleep, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! It's crazy you think you feel huge, because really, you look perfectly sized and cute :-) Pregnancy insomnia is soooo terrible! I hope you're able to get past it soon, and get some real rest before you get none at all.

    I hope your Braxton Hicks don't linger... I have what's called an "irritable uterus" and get BH from about 20 weeks onward - steady, like 5-8 minutes a part for several hours a day usually. Of course, my labors have been pretty "easy", maybe it's all that working out my uterus gets in ahead of time. I could really do without it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree I don't look that big here but I get bigger as the day goes on! This was taken in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)