Friday, April 1, 2011

In Which I Come Clean

Did you miss me?

We just returned from our spring camping trip. And I just showered.

My scalp actually feels tingly from the cleanness. Oh it feels good to be clean. I mean, I took a "camp shower" but that's akin to rinsing off with a water hose, really. I can. not. wait. to sleep in my bed tonight. Ahhh.....

On the first night of our camping trip we were all in bed by 9:30 (the girls earlier than that). We were camping in the middle of the week so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. There was one other tent camping family in our area of 30 or more campsites and guess where they chose to set up camp?

And listen to the (pretty loud) country music on the radio?

And talk and eat and burp and sing with the country music and argue?

Last night was quieter until the raccoon fight happened. Those suckers opened our ice chest! And dropped a few eggs on the ground and fought over the cheese. They sounded worse than cats. I had never heard a raccoon fight before.

Tonight all I want to hear is the sound of my fan and silence.

It's going to be good. Especially since I really haven't slept good in over a week due to all the coughing and hacking. (mine) I'm still coughing and hacking but tonight I hope I'm so tired my body forgets to cough and hack so I can sleep.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

So our spring break is over. That was our vacation. It was wonderful but the grass is growing and S will be mowing a lot from here on out. We all talked about our house while we were gone and how we wanted to spend less time cleaning and that means we have to get rid of stuff and simplify. Everyone was on board. S wanted to start with the garage and guess what Mr. Motivation is doing right now not 2 hours after we got home?

But I am blogging and coughing simultaneously so it's not like I'm not busy.

Tomorrow. After that good no-country-music, raccoon fightless night of sleep I'm going to get.....THEN I'll simplify.

4 comments:

  1. We were wondering where you went this week. Been missing you guys at the meetings. ;) Yea, raccoons are not so nice. Scary, actually. Hubs treated us to camping a few years ago. Our first and last time? Ha. Who knows... Maybe one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE camping... we just need to actually GO!

    Glad you are back and CLEAN!

    Have fun simplifying.... it is harder than it seems and it is never enough to really look like it made a difference! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did miss you. But I had an idea of where you were thanks to S.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better you than me! I am not a camper. I sometimes wish I was- but just to grill out I have to do things others laugh at. I can't imagine sleeping outside! Glad you enjoyed your break!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)