Friday, March 18, 2011

Yee Haw!

Rolling down the AstroTurf hill? Free.
We went to the Rodeo yesterday for $12!!!! Thanks to our awesome homeschool group, we got free tickets, free parking, and because we are cheap, we did only free things. At the very end of our day (and our energy) I let the girls ride the ponies for $6 a piece. In all, we were gone for 5 hours and filled that time up with free things! Not bad.

Let me clarify for those of you who don't rodeo, we did not watch the rodeo, we just went for the extra stuff.

Our little group of homeschool friends...


This little lamb was born yesterday afternoon. There were lots of new baby piggies too.

Just hatched!

This little one was loving the heater.

So we walked through the rows and rows of places where the contestants keep their animals. Not sure what that's called. Apparently, they have to decorate their little "stall" which I am sure everyone loves the person who started that. This Princess Cow booth was our favorite.
Petting zoo...


They had a really cute section called Kid's Country. I won't bore you with all the pictures but it was Little Bit's favorite part.
At the end of Kid's Country, they got "paid" and got to buy a snack.

Went to the pig races and saw the famous swimming pig. They worked for Oreos.
But what did my children REALLY want to do?
And of course it was free, so I said yes. It really is a BIG escalator.
We were exhausted at the end of 5 hours. NO idea how many miles we walked. But, I'm hoping this gets us back on track with Daylight Saving Time. We went to bed at a decent hour so that's a good start.

Today is Princess Class. I still need to tell you about that. And of course, it's Friday night Bible study so we've got to get the house cleaned up. Didn't we just have people over here on Wednesday night? What happened to our clean?

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like they had a great time. We try not to brave that madness... I mean 'fun' without Daddy in tow. ;) Princess class? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! My kids love escalators too.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)