Friday, March 4, 2011

Betty

The mom of the little girl I teach sewing lessons to recently brought a book over to show me. She wondered if I already had this book because it contains so many of the things we have done in sewing class. But nope, I got all my ideas off the Internet. Sure enough, this is a GREAT book!

It's called Sewing for Children and I highly recommend it.

Sweetheart immediately fell in love with one of the projects and I finished it in about 3 days. (Having no computer and not being able to do a lot of things because of the workers helped)

Isn't she sweet?


She comes with a sassy jacket.




Sweetheart decided she could make her a hat. "I know how to do it, Mom." And she did. She also picked out all the fabric and colors. I praised her greatly. I hope that ability will carry over into picking out her own clothes!



I told her any additional clothes for Betty would be made by her. Now that I've sewn from this pattern, I know she could do it. And it was all hand sewing (although it wouldn't have to be) and I LOVE to sit on the couch and hand sew things.

I'm also glad my family does not depend on me to sew all of their clothing by hand. I fear we would be naked.

Now I have to make a doll for Little Bit. But she doesn't want one of these dolls. No....she wants a doll made from a drawing she made a few months ago. I think I can adapt this pattern to work.

I guess that remains to be seen.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Looking forward to learning how to sew with my daughter in a couple of years :).

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)