Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happiness

I have a few things I am really happy about. That's a good way to start the day, huh?

  • I have lost 20 pounds this year. TWENTY! I cannot tell you it was through hard work either. I have not been working out. I have been eating differently and obviously, it has made a difference. I am just so happy every time I look in the mirror. The funny thing is, I'm BACK TO the weight I once lamented over and worried about how big I was getting. Oh well, it feels good to be back. I wore a skirt on Saturday that I haven't fit into in at least 3 years. I am 10 pounds from my goal now. It actually seems possible.
  • And by the way, I still wear the same size really. How is that possible? Sure, things are baggier but still. Wouldn't you think 20 pounds would mean at least dropping one size? Oh well. The next 10 will do it. Surely.
  • Happiness is spraying yourself in the face with the water hose!
  • The house has been staying nicer. We've all been helping to get that done, but really I feel great about how the main part of the house has looked. And the girls' room, ever since S has been inspecting at night, has been more than acceptable. That just makes me so happy. Come to think of it, our room has been much improved too. A clean, picked-up house will make anyone feel happier and less stressed. (Let's not discuss the sewing room or laundry room OK?)
  • Happiness is going to a good friend's birthday party!
    Happiness is getting a new fish!
  • S is taking vacation tomorrow and we are going to tackle the garage. Yes, we really know how to party. We've been wanting to get my car parked in the garage and since the neighbor's car was broken into the other night, we really want to get that done. We discussed renting a storage facility to store S's lawn trailer (his side business) but I really feel that if we can't fit into a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage house....SOMETHING IS WRONG. Just look at this and tell me we can't do it.
  • I am also happy with my plan to set up the sewing machine in the homeschool room. It will be SO NICE to have a place to do my Christmas present sewing and NOT have to set up and break down four hundred times.
  • Happiness is pretending to be a vet!
  • And most of all, I am happy to be home. I am constantly amazed and thankful that I am here. I wish I could go back in time and quit my job about 5 years sooner than I did. Or maybe...what if I had never worked at all but had been a housewife from the start? I can't go back, but I am thankful to be where I belong now. I maybe might possibly be getting my groove around here.
And that makes me really, really happy.

What are you happy about today? It doesn't have to be deep. Found a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry? You can see the laundry room floor peeking through the piles? Celebrating "no one is sick" day? Loving your Christmas decorations? Husband has been working late but got you a chocolate shake on his way home? 

  
What's making you happy today?

8 comments:

  1. Brenda, I just read that tiny house article this morning! It made me want to purge even more!!

    I'm happy to be at home as well. Not being here doing wife things, home things, kid things makes me nervous at the thought. I don't do it perfectly, but I am certain the Lord has the most things to teach me right here at home. Humbling and very fulfilling all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 20 pounds. I also lost just over 20 pounds and was surprised at how it only took me down one size. But I look and feel much better, so it's hard to complain about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great on your weight loss. I also am thankful for the blessing to stay at home.

    Have a wonderful day. By the way you always amke me feel refreshed when I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me happy today :-) Great job on the weight loss and maintaining order and cleanliness in the house - both are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. The sewing room is completely exempt from standard 'clean' rules.

    2. LOVE the tiny house thing. I've always wanted a place like Jerry's apartment in An American in Paris.

    3. I'm thankful for a fabulous, perfect husband. What a wonderful partner the Lord has blessed me with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Erin that your post made me happy.It reminded me that there are good days.I have a sick 2 year old and she will only sleep if I rock her so it has been an exhausting couple of nights.That reminded me though that it does make me very happy to have a warm cuddly little one still.LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brenda-
    Aren't you cute with your little chocolate shake comment! ;) It was a malt by the way, and it was good!!! I am happy too. Actually I told dh last night that I was having trouble falling asleep because I was too happy! :) Do you know what I think it is? No homeschool coop until February!!! I have nothing on my calendar this week until Sat! (just homeschooling and typing reports, but no place to go at a certain time!) It feels great! I feel I have a little time to dig in my heels and get something done! Yes the kids have been sick, but all are better except my Little and he's getting over a cold. I'm very thankful for my boys and I'm glad we can hang out this week!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda,
    Congrats on the weight loss!
    Thanks for reminding me to be happy in and with little things. :)
    Dawn T.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)