Monday, November 8, 2010

The Sun is Up!

Ah, we are off of daylight saving time!! I really do like daylight saving time in the summer when we have more time to enjoy the outdoors, but it goes on a little long these days. They just keep stretching it. I really like when we get back on "God's time" as a friend of mine calls it, because now when it's time to get up, the sun is actually shining! It's much easier to wake up when there is sunshine.

I probably should have waited to write this post later in the day when I had actually done something worth talking about, but whatever. I made a lunch and breakfast for S. I checked my e-mail. I'm all about early morning success.

I have big plans for housework today. I will not be putting on nice clothing. I will be putting my hair up in a big 'ol ponytail. It's a work day. It was 40 degrees when I woke up this morning so we have actually turned off our ceiling fans. (We have one in nearly every room.) Now that they have stopped spinning for the first time in 8 or 9 months, it is not pretty. They are COVERED in dust. Good grief! Who puts white ceiling fans up?

So, I am starting at the top with my cleaning. No where to go but down from there.

HA!!! I am so witty even this early!

So, if anyone needs me, I'll be folding laundry, straightening up kitchen cabinets, cleaning out the fridge, assigning chores, and ignoring the big mess in the homeschool room.

I have to save something to look forward to later in the week!

Also, I have to figure out how to turn our patio into "Tinker's Nook" before Saturday. (That's where Tinkerbell lives and works if you don't have little girls.) For Little Bit's party the kids will be building birdhouses on our back porch. It cannot look like it does now, which is a place where you can find a hay bale, old lawn chairs, an assortment of shoes and rain boots, and bikes.

I think I might need a miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Brenda, you are just awesome. Thanks for evoking sympathy, empathy and laughter from me this morning. Now off to do some housekeeping of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH my fans are on my list for the EXACT same reason!!!

    I have another long list but I will just keep checking off as I get to it!

    UM JUST KEEP SWIMMING.

    Love the tinker nook idea! Very cute!

    I am UP too, well have been since the sun came up :) but still feel like SOOO little has been accomplished and it is already 9:00--- when DID that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I want is a big cup of caffine!I hate daylight savings time because it gets dark to early but it was nice getting up with the sun if only my two year old didn't get up at the crack of dawn as well.LucyT

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)