I cannot believe it, but we have finished 6 weeks of school already! Next week is our "Sabbath week" off. Boy do I need it!
1. The homeschool room is already, in spite of weekly clean-up sessions, in need of some organizing. We are so ready to be done with school (plus it's usually lunchtime) that we just break and run, leaving a mess in our wake. It will be nice to have next week to go in there and really get things back in order.
2. I have some sewing I want to do! I found a really cute fall banner that I plan to make. I might change the words to say, "Give Thanks" or "Be Thankful." I bought felt last night and spent a whopping $1.87 or something like that.
3. Of course there is always housework to catch up on. When school starts I usually mourn my loss of homemaking time for a few weeks. In the summers it is so nice to just wake up and start in on whatever project I feel like whether it be cleaning the laundry room out or washing the dishes. During school, housework is relegated to the afternoons and I am not always as excited when the time rolls around. But this week, I can do what needs to be done around here.
I am HOPING this new schedule will mean my house does not get in as bad of shape as it usually does.
4. It's also time to start planning Christmas gifts. I need/want to make a lot of the gifts again this year and I need to spend some time online looking for ideas. I don't have time to do that during school.
5. Oh, and I also need to make lesson plans for our next 6 week session. Nearly forgot about that one!
6. And my recent post about stuff? Well Carrie read the same blogs and girlfriend got INSPIRED. Maybe I need to re-read them and spend this week clearing house. Cause we both read...but only one of us actually DID anything. Ahem.
There. Six things to do in 7 days.