Friday, September 17, 2010

We're Off!!!

I cannot believe it, but we have finished 6 weeks of school already! Next week is our "Sabbath week" off. Boy do I need it!

1. The homeschool room is already, in spite of weekly clean-up sessions, in need of some organizing. We are so ready to be done with school (plus it's usually lunchtime) that we just break and run, leaving a mess in our wake. It will be nice to have next week to go in there and really get things back in order.

2. I have some sewing I want to do! I found a really cute fall banner that I plan to make. I might change the words to say, "Give Thanks" or "Be Thankful." I bought felt last night and spent a whopping $1.87 or something like that.

3. Of course there is always housework to catch up on. When school starts I usually mourn my loss of homemaking time for a few weeks. In the summers it is so nice to just wake up and start in on whatever project I feel like whether it be cleaning the laundry room out or washing the dishes. During school, housework is relegated to the afternoons and I am not always as excited when the time rolls around. But this week, I can do what needs to be done around here.

I am HOPING this new schedule will mean my house does not get in as bad of shape as it usually does.

4. It's also time to start planning Christmas gifts. I need/want to make a lot of the gifts again this year and I need to spend some time online looking for ideas. I don't have time to do that during school.

5. Oh, and I also need to make lesson plans for our next 6 week session. Nearly forgot about that one!

6. And my recent post about stuff? Well Carrie read the same blogs and girlfriend got INSPIRED. Maybe I need to re-read them and spend this week clearing house. Cause we both read...but only one of us actually DID anything. Ahem.

There. Six things to do in 7 days.

NO PROBLEM!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about the 6 weeks on, 1 week off approach ever since you first mentioned it.

    It sounds great.

    Enjoy your Sabbath week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... have I ever.

    Point of fact... I though THIS week was your week off. So I not only screwed up today I would have if I had had the date right screwed up the orginal Tuesday plan! Got that!

    Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the same school plan this year. We have 6 weeks on 2 weeks off. But we might have to make it kinda choppy over the next 3 weeks, as we have 2 sets of grandparents visiting during this time. I really like how it feels so far. No guilt about a break. And my house needs me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a fabulous week!
    We do 9 weeks on, 2 weeks off to help follow four quarters for highschool transcripts. Ha, I think I work the hardest on the weeks off...planning, prepping, and catching up on stuff... =)
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)