First of all, in just 5 days, $20,000 has been raised for Yulia's adoption!!!! I told you God was going to do amazing things! :) Please continue to pray for a family for her. Money should not be a problem now for whoever answers the call to rescue that little girl. Five days!!!! Wow.
Now, last week was our first week off of school according to our new Sabbath schedule.
I. am. in. love.
Let me tell you why!!!
1. I got our entire master bedroom cleaned top to bottom. No time for that on school days. What project could I tackle on the next break? Deep cleaning doesn't have to wait for holidays and summer.
2. The girls got to play all day for many days in a row. The first day off, Sweetheart didn't even brush her hair. Now THAT'S a vacation!
3. We laid around together and watched some movies. With no guilt.
4. I spent Thursday and a little bit of Friday deep cleaning the school room. I mean, I cleaned the windows, I dusted, I cleaned the white board, I vacuumed corners, I straightened shelves (and in the process, reminded myself of some resources we have there that I forget about), I threw trash away. It was like a fresh start. All the stuff we never have time for.
5. Most of all, best of all, I made lesson plans for the next 6 weeks! I have never, in the history of my teaching career, been that planned that far ahead. It is bliss. Knowing that I only have to tackle one 6 week block at a time was just such good news. School will be much smoother now, I'm sure. And the awesome thing was, we already had 6 weeks under our belt so I knew what would and would not work. Unlike the plans you make before school starts.
6. And all the things we did badly this week, like staying up late and watching too many movies, etc.? It's OK because one week does not a habit make!!!
Now remind me of that in May when everyone is getting out of school and we aren't. Cause I'll be whining then FO SHO!
Lastly, the poll in my sidebar is closed now. Thanks for making me feel like a schlep. I DID find a permanent place IN THE MASTER bedroom to set up our ironing board and I'm just as happy as a clam about it! To be fair, if I had a big laundry room, it would be in there, but I don't. Oh well.