Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On My Mind

Just now we were getting out of the car and Little Bit said, "I'm going to play ______ when we get in the house."

I said, "I thought you were going to play __________." (I don't really remember what we said she was going to play.)

"Oh! she said." "I just have 400 things on my mind today!"

Ah, the stress of being 6 years old.

But mama, at 39 years old, really does have a lot on her mind. Decidedly NOT 400, but still. Shall I unload on you?

  • I've got some financial paperwork to get notarized today. Must meet S at 6:00 to do that.
  • I need to make a phone call. (the kind where you have to push buttons and wait and finally talk to a person)
  • I want to start hitting the thrift stores for Sweetheart's fall/winter wardrobe.
  • I'm thinking about Christmas presents because I want to do handmade gifts again. Much searching online.
  • I need to continue to work on the girls' quilts.
  • I need to prepare for sewing class on Saturday.
  • The car for Little Bit's dollhouse is almost finished and then we have to continue painting the house to make it rich.
  • Need a grocery list.
  • Need to go grocery shopping.
  • Need to call a friend but she's at work.
  • Need to write a check for piano lessons.
MOST of that needs to happen today but not all of it will. See all those "needs" up there? Ug. That's too many needs for one person.

Maybe I should just go play?

2 comments:

  1. Playing sounds good, but you're a big girl now Brenda, and that's an awfully long list.

    In fact, it reminds me of my own. Offline I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you have a list adn knows what need to get done! Just do one thing and check it off... you will start to feel better immediately!

    I had a long list of to do's today and I am more than half done but I did it on a designated NO school day! No guilt about skipping out and doing stuff.

    It felt good to NOT feel guilty because I planned to not do school! It was really great!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)