Monday, January 4, 2010

Starting Off With a Bang!****

Well, I'm 39 today and this morning I fell in the shower.

Soon they'll be finding someone to sit with me during the day.

It was a slow motion, train wreck happening right in front of you kind of fall. There wasn't shaving cream so I was using shampoo to shave with (anyone been there?). This particular shampoo was more slippery than expected and my foot slipped off the edge of the tub and right into the mini-crate of bathtub toys. And after what seemed like 5 minutes of grappling and dancing around......I landed.

I was stunned but I did appreciate the humor of it.

Then a few minutes later my toe began to sting. You don't wanna know.

And of course we have no band-aids in the house except those teeny tiny ones you can use for infant's fingers. We have more band-aids in the first aid kit in the back of the car but S drove that to work today.

So I am sporting a non-stick gauze pad held on with masking tape. And house shoes.

I am positive the bruises will start showing up tomorrow.

I have a date with my husband tonight and I will not be going in house shoes. I'll figure something out.

****This is NOT the recommended way to start your birthday off!

12 comments:

  1. OH NO, Brenda! And, I must admit I laughed at your story ONLY because you said you found humor in it too.

    Happy Birthday, Friend! Enjoy your day and your date night with S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I love it! I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh out loud. I'm just that type of person. Apparently I'm not the only one, or America's Funniest Videos wouldn't still be on air. Hope you don't fall anymore today! Oh man, if this is how you start 39, how is 40 gonna start?!

    Have fun with S tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Brenda. May the rest of your day be filled with much more grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! Hope your birthday is one filled with joy despite the way it started out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love visiting your blog--you always bring a smile to my face, but today a hearty laugh!

    Now that I am done laughing, I hope you are okay and will pray that you have a safe birthday for the rest of the day!

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I relayed this story to my sister today and a while later my dad showed up at the door. He spoke not a word, but handed me a can of shaving cream and a handful of bandaids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!
    Glad your dad brought you the bandaids so you don't have to wear house shoes on your date tonight.
    Hope the rest of the day goes better and you have a wonderful date.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there was a reason I liked your dad so much! The kids and I were going to wrap you a can of shaving cream and a box of bandaids to give to you tomorrow! Great minds think alike. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brenda,
    I am sorry to hear how your birthday began.I hope you had a happy one anyway.

    LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That was really funny. HA! But sorry you got hurt. What did you end up wearing? Bath toys are notorious for shoving people. Just thought you'd want to know.

    And I've shaved with shampoo, body soap, hand lotion...lots of things. You are not alone. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, how is the soreness today? I hope it is not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you're OK. I fell just before Christmas. I was rushing around in my super soft socks on a hardwood floor. My back is still sore, but it's getting better. I hope you had a great date with your husband.

    Cheryl from My Thoughtful Spot

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)