Friday, January 22, 2010

Dare I Say It?

I have been home how long? Let's see.....Little Bit was 3 when I came home and now she's 6. Wow! Three years! Seriously?

Anyway, I think I might maybe possibly somewhat be getting the hang of this homemaking stuff.

It's not that my house is all "orderly" or "organized" or even half-way so, it's just that I'm starting to get my groove.

OK, maybe I'm just having a good day. Supper was GOOD. Want the recipe? You know you do! It's the end of the money month so I was looking for frugal recipes online today before I went grocery shopping.

Bubble Pizza

Ingredients: 3 cans of biscuits--the cheap kind
1 jar spaghetti sauce
mozzarella cheese
toppings (we had pepperoni)

Cut the biscuits into quarters and toss them in a bowl. Pour some spaghetti sauce over them and toss them around until they are all coated. Spread these out in the bottom of a casserole dish. Then, pour some more sauce on top. I didn't use the whole jar.

Top with cheese and whatever toppings you like. Cook at 350 degrees until the biscuits are done---about 30 to 40 minutes. Mine got almost too brown on top when I kept it there for 40, which was what the original recipe said.

SO good and filling!

Also, S and I were talking about the girls' clothes last night. We both agree that we want them to dress more like girls and less blue jeans. Can't imagine where they get THAT example from. Ahem. So we looked online at some skirts and he asked me to start buying some for the spring. But instead, I started sewing some today! I looked for easy skirt tutorials online and they are abundant.

Here's the one I'm using. It's really easy. I'll let you know how it comes out!

Also, I went grocery shopping today and came in WAY under budget. Maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to get better at this stuff.

I know I've been married for 16 years, but it's like I'm just starting out. Things I should have had down pat by now I'm still working on.

But today....was very good.

12 comments:

  1. Brenda, I just love this post! It reminds me of all the things that can be, should be, joyful as keeper of the home.

    Oh, and that skirt? I'm so on it. Grace says she wants one in pink. :)

    (And, you know? I wear jeans all the time. Because I think, "When I lose the baby weight, THEN I'll buy more feminine clothes." I'm thinking I need to start now wearing more feminine things and just buy more when I've lost that baby weight.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karly, there are so many!

    http://neverenoughhours.blogspot.com/2007/12/easy-skirt-tutorial.html

    http://www.graceviolet.com/2009/03/skirt-pattern.html

    http://www.designwritingresearch.org/dyl-images/skirt_instructions.pdf

    Of course, I'm determined to make some for me too. I HEAR YOU. So, if you see any easy big girl skirt tutorials, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have done pizza that way. :) YUMMY!

    I can't wait to see the skirts, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of pizza that way! Wow! My family loves those cheap biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls wear dresses as their first choice. Kaytie has been going nuts because I've been making her dress in long pants to go play outside these days. But that is no reflection on my parenting... they are both super-girly because I was a tomboy growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!! Some days everything just seems to fall into place huh?!
    Glad you came under budget on the shopping, I know what you mean about the end of the month budget being almost gone!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, so can I pay YOU to make Emily skirts! She loves skirts and would probably wear them all the time but her waist and the hem lines dont always add up to appropiate links... So Dave and I have let them be a little higher than we actuall prefer! so maybe I could just pay you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing awesome!!!!! Thanks for all the encouragement you unknowingly give!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i miss biscuits... I use a really easy skirt tutorial to sew easy skirts. http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/328 Usually I can churn on out in an hour. Its no frills, just an elastic waist. sometimes because I am lazy, I buy the lace binding instead of hemming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jennifer, I bookmarked it.

    And I'm mourning your loss of biscuit with you. :(

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)