Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One More Normal Day

Well, the gifts are under the tree. The main areas of the house are picked up better than usual. The groceries are purchased. I'm DONE spending money. SO over it.

I have to tackle the homeschool room tomorrow because, as I've mentioned before, it is the first thing to your right as you enter our house. And there is no door on that room. I don't really WANT to tackle that room because I don't want to think about school until AFTER Christmas but oh well. At least I can stack everything nicely, huh?

On a good note, I found the floor of the sewing room today. I haven't seen it in a while. It was really, really, really bad in there and we had just been walking over it all for months. I thought about sharing pictures, but decided not to shame my husband in that way. :)

I'm excited to have my husband home for a few extra days and to spend time together as a family. I'm excited for the girls to open their gifts.

And I must confess, I've already fantasized about taking down the Christmas decorations.

Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Christmas. It's just that I remember how much I love restoring everything back to it's right order afterwards too. I was telling S tonight how pretty our house looks decorated for Christmas, but it's just so much stuff everywhere! It will feel like simplifying and decluttering all in one when I put it all away.

The girls have been playing together all day long for days now. I'm not sure what's going on. They have been getting along really well. I'm not complaining!!

I know blog reading is already down and there will be days and days of no traffic in blogland at all. So I just wanted to "sign off" and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Thanks again for walking with me through all the sewing this month. I'm happy to put that all away tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about taking down Christmas. I love my house decorated, but I am looking forward to "normal" again. (That word normal is in quotes because I'm not really sure what normal is around here.) :)

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? You mean just when I have more time to read blogs, people are going to be shutting them down??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more excited to put away the decorations than I was about putting them up.I do love the reason we celebrate though.



    Merry Christmas and a happy New Year !!

    LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family B!
    We love you guys and will see you next week : )

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)