Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I Think About

I haven't had much time to write lately...and when I have it hasn't been very deep stuff. I'm kind of ready to get back to "real" blogging like I used to when I first started....

...and no one was reading. :)

Maybe next year. But right now I want to share with you the things that consume my thoughts during the days. I sometimes feel like such a weirdo and wonder if other people concern themselves with the things I do. Here they are in no particular order:

1. I think a LOT about my kids' spiritual development. I am always trying to find what else I can and need to do with them during Bible time. I'm really excited about the new curriculum I got this week. I plan to start in January--or maybe right after Christmas. Now, I didn't say I'm constantly DOING all the things I think about needing to do, just that I think about it a lot.

2. I think about housework a lot. It's kind of always in my face so that's understandable.

3. I have a lot of thoughts about my hair. I may share those soon. I've been mulling them over all week.

4. I think about all the things I want my family to do but we don't. The hours go by quickly, the schedules are too full, and there's also that pesky little "budget." But I have dreams and plans for things I hope we will do one day.

5. I feel like I think about mundane things a lot. My days are full of keeping our home and taking care of my family and let's face it...that stuff isn't too glamorous. But it is my ministry and I believe that it takes first priority so I protect my time pretty fiercely.

6. I think about my relationship with my husband. We have a great marriage but we are human. If things between us aren't "right" my whole day is thrown. Hate that. Most days I'm thinking about what I need to do to help him.

7. I think about parenting decisions a lot. If you've been reading my blog for a length of time you know that we didn't start out very purposeful with our family. We kind of did what everyone else did and what we grew up doing. A few years ago the revisions started and we still are thinking through things.

And sometimes I don't think about much of anything at all. :)

4 comments:

  1. I will read your blog, I like your deep thoughts!

    On number 7, I feel like I am always fighting a losing battle, we come to a conclusion about a certain issue and than I feel like something happens to change it...

    on number 4, I think about that ALOT! The hours to go to quickly and my schedule is to full and ther is also the pesky budget which is fixing to be considerable tighter! Actually a lot tighter so that will take a fair amount of adjusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I think of the exact same things. Exact.

    I am interested in hearing about your thoughts on your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what is this new curriculum you bought? I'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK--I added the link. I tried to add it last night but it wouldn't work and then I forgot all about it. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)