Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fitness Fr...Weekend: The Spiritual Edition

OK--My post is finally up. Don't blink or you'll miss it.

Since this topic is so late in coming, I thought I'd give everyone a break this week. Just post sometime this weekend and let's all remember to check in on each other, OK?

So I got a lot of suggestions and decided to leave this one open. Several of you have talked in the past about how this is not just a physical journey for you, but a spiritual one as well. This weekend you are asked to discuss what that means for you. You can go as deep as you want to. Perhaps you'd just like to share some Bible verses that are encouraging to you. Perhaps you'd like to share part of what God has taught you on this journey.

The floor is yours. I will also need time to think about this topic, so I'll be adding my post here later.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this week. I've been really busy (a recurring theme among us!) and this post just wasn't happening. But I really liked what JulieMom said. The thing that really occured to me was that I don't ask for God's help on obvious thigns. Yes, I try to walk on my own strength when it's something I think I've got down. Well, I've got the eating down pat, let me tell you!!! I'm thankful for the 8 1/2 inches I've lost. I'm looking forward to the inches I will lose in the future. But most of all, I'm looking forward to growing in my walk with Christ. This truly is NOT just a physical thing. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts with me when I didn't have much to say. :)

14 comments:

  1. I was already working on this because...well you'll see when you read the post. Needless to say, I NEEDED to focus on the spiritual part of this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like this topic is a hot one for everyone this week!! Great choice. I look forward to reading yours and encouraging you in your spiritual journey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back - with a bit of an attitude, I suppose, but definitely back!! Thanks for being consistent and faithful ... especially when I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted my lame excuse of a post for not working on my fitness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, post is up. Check it out at your leisure. What a weird word. Leisure. Who says lee-zure, and who says leh-zure? Can I get a show of hands please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joining in on this for the first time today! I have been following Terry's journey from the beginning and knowing I would need to join in after having the baby I had a month ago. I had already decided that this week was the week, and when I saw that it was a spiritual theme, I knew it was the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. My post is up, but I have a cold so heaven knows if it makes any sense.

    JulieMom - one show of hands for lee-zure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Brenda. You haven't gotten your OWN F.F. post up yet, but I see you've had time to add SNOW to your blog! I LOVE it.

    And, it took me about 27.4 seconds to become envious of it, do an internet search for it, and then add it to my own blogs!

    Thanks for the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the weekend extension--it seems I'm always in need of a few more days to get things posted. :-)

    Looking forward to reading what you have to say on the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and Juliemom--I vote "lee-zure" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tami, the snow was quicker and easier than writing a post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to my walk with Christ growing too. Like you said...we have the eating part dow pat....but when our walk with God get's physically fit, I bet the losing inches thing we will get down pat too.

    Have a great week. Hope the busyness slows down so you can take some breaths!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leez-ure. Only British people say Leh-zure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two things...

    1- Have you ever heard the Back-Packers Prayer? "Lord, you pick them up and I'll put them down." Basically, when it gets to hard to do it on your own, you're asking God to do the hard part for you.

    2- I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." A good reason to exercize and live a healthy life.

    oh, and one more thing...Brenda! I'm so proud for you!!! 8" already! Wow!!! Way to go!!! Lovem!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)