Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Break At Last!!!

We are done with school for now! Yeah!!!! We've been going since the very beginning of August (with 2 weeks off--1 for Hurricane Ike and 1 for illness) and we are ready for a break. I cannot even think about school in January yet. I'll be ready to make big plans later after a little time off.

S and I have to go shopping just one more time and we'll be all done. That will occur on Sunday afternoon. Today I am looking forward to staying home. The main reason I need to stay home is the clothing situation is out of control around here.

Again.

I mean...still.

I've whined about my dysfunctional washing machine before. I went to the laundromat for a while but that got old. I just need to buckle down and pay close attention to the washer all day tomorrow and maybe I can get through all the laundry. Then there's the laundry baskets of clean, folded laundry that has been rifled through to find things to wear. It kind of needs to be put up. Then there's the ironing.

I'm hoping the kids can play all morning without needing me so I can get this done. It will make my Christmas SO much happier.

THEN, I'll be ready to enjoy the Christmas holiday. So, one more day of work and yucky things and then I'll be ready for some fun.

Hope you have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you wish there was a Laundry Fairy? I do. I don't have your washing machine situation (ugh!), but I still do have the baskets (and baskets!) of clean clothes, but mine are not folded. And then, I have ironing piling up.

    If only my family could go naked for just one day.... and leave me alone... I could get caught up. Don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! My washer works...but I am in the SAME situation with the laundry!! My kids are driving me crazy rifling through it...but I suppose if I would put it away they wouldn't do that, huh? I officially declare tomorrow National Laundry Day!! Hope it goes well and you enjoy your shopping tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Hate. Laundry.

    So does everyone else at my house. We always have a huge pile!

    Enjoy your break from school. We have been off for two weeks and will have to catch up in January. Way to much fun stuff going on.

    Merry Christmas!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)