Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My Newest Project

OK. I'm ready. I've been thinking about doing this for months and now I'm going to.

I am going to go through some popular women's magazines and pay attention to the message being sent to the reader (us women). Then, I'm going to compare what I read to what the Bible has to say.

This should be good.

I've shown this video around to a lot of people lately. Everyone is amazed by it. It makes me want to never let another magazine in the house. But then there's the TV. And billboards. Etc. How can I protect my daughters from these images?

First, we have to know what to protect them from. So, I will now go buy some magazines. For research purposes, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to leave these two articles that I posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy....

    http://singlegodlymom.blogspot.com/2007/12/pop-culture-idolization-and-our_04.html

    and

    http://singlegodlymom.blogspot.com/2007/11/bondage-of-beauty-and-how-it-affects-us_17.html

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)