Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One Little Area at a Time

Enough talk.

Enough dreaming.

Enough planning.

Enough pinning!!!

Yesterday, I got up and DID something!

Before. Cookbooks, loose recipes, broken pig bookend, Christmas wrapping paper....

Underneath our antique china cabinet. Yikes. An explosion.

And....after!!! "Pretty" cookbooks up top. Diabetic cookbooks in the middle. Utilitarian cookbooks and magazines on the bottom. I got rid of a few cookbooks I have never used. Christmas wrapping paper removed. And loose recipes in my binder (which is standing up there.)

Some stuff removed. Everything else straightened up.

How I could have been even more radical:
I know there are only 2 recipes I use out of one really thick cookbook. Why not scan them in to the computer or make copies of them and stick 'em in a binder? I mainly go to the internet for recipes, but I'm not ready to get rid of all cookbooks just yet.

Progress!

And you know why I started in the dining room right? It's little. That's my kind of room.

5 comments:

  1. Wait a minute . . .

    "Enough Pinning"?

    I don't think there could ever be enough pinning.

    Signed,
    Desert Pinaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Even little things can make you feel you have accomplished so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And Q...that's true. But, no matter how much I pinned, my house wasn't looking like my pins??? :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)