Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Week of Summer

New haircuts for back to school...


 End-of-summer reading program at the library. They got a certificate and ribbon for reading 100 books.

Oh and free book and a coupon for a free Whataburger and let's face it, we are all pretty excited about those free burgers!

And we went swimming yesterday at a pool that has water slides (their request) and Sweetheart nearly swam across the deep end which is a MAJOR accomplishment and Little Bit jumped into the deep end to me over and over. OK--so the deep end at this pool is 5 feet and Sweetheart could stand in it. Still. She swam without touching the bottom! So now she thinks she could swim in any deep end.

And summer is over and the pools close soon and next summer we can start all over building up to that level of confidence, right?

But we have another pool party tonight. This one is a back-to-school party with our homeschool group. Perfect. Then school starts on Monday. It couldn't have worked out better. And the best news of all is Daddy gets to come with us tonight! (He works just about every evening) I am very excited.

Also I am excited to show you our school room but first I have to finish up in there before any pictures can be snapped. Can't believe it's time for school to start!! AACK!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your schoolroom. I find it interesting to see how everyone sets up.

    Congrats to your girls on meeting some swimming goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great day!!! My moms pool doesn't close for a while! She can practice when we are all well!

    I think I really missed the Back to school excitement!!!wonder what I can do about that!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)