And in other news:
- I'm trying to decide about some piano lessons that are sort of far away, but affordable. The teacher is a mom from our homeschool room, but not exactly someone I know. So...I would need to wait there at her house during the lessons. Need to go meet this mom and make a decision about that soon. I really want Sweetheart to continue piano.
- Little Bit is loving Sonlight. I chose an easy core for her as we mostly just need to focus on reading and math this year. So, her Sonlight doesn't take up too much time. But The Boxcar Children? She is LOVING. (Turns out she doesn't remember it from a few years ago when we read it.) We are making a diorama to go along with the story and her imagination is absolutely on fire about this project. We started painting some peg people for the characters today:
|Henry, Jessie, Violet, & Benny|
And here is the boxcar we covered:
And our attempt at making "pine needle beds" that will not be so messy. We'll see if our idea works.
|Big blobs of glue on wax paper...hoping they will peel off when dry.|
- Sweetheart is enjoying her independence in school. I was hoping she would. Math discouraged both of us today but we shall plod on. Maybe her summer brain hasn't completely woken up? In everything else, she is rockin' it.
|Working under her loft...|
- Scripture memorizing is harder than I thought! Scripture memory is built into their curriculum so I finally....finally implemented the system I have been planning to implement for 2 years. Well, Little Bit got her verse down in 2 days but Sweetheart is having a harder time. Perhaps this is related to how long it took her to memorize math facts? Hmm...But again, we will not give up!
|This girl LOVES writing time!|
- I'm excited about sharing some school stuff with friends this year. Carrie and I will be meeting every other week to do Physics together and I'm hoping to share some Zoology field trips with some other friends. Yes, we are doing 2 sciences this year---call me crazy!
- Been keeping up with the house OK-not great, but OK. I'm glad to be back on school schedule again. And starting earlier makes the day so much longer and I feel like I do have time to do other things besides school.
- I love Pinterest. I think I have only begun to scratch the surface of it's usefulness!
How has your week been?