Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prayers for My Dad

My dad had cancer about 7 or 8 years ago. He actually spent Christmas day in the hospital the year Sweetheart was 3. That really stank. We loaded up some presents and had Christmas in the lobby of the hospital. He was really sick and weak from the treatments at her 4th birthday party. It seems like a really long time ago.

My dad plays golf 4 times a week AT LEAST. He is busy and active and healthy.

Last time he had his 6 month check up with his cancer doctors there had been a little bit of growth in one of the spots. So, they asked him to come in at 4 months instead of 6. Today we found out there has been more growth.

It's just one of the spots that's growing. That's good. They say it's slow growing. But, it's disheartening to think he'll have to start this battle again when he's 8 years older than he was last time.

They said it won't be chemo again. They never do the same treatment twice. When he goes back in 4 months, they will assess the growth and see if they need to start him on treatments. Assuming there is a treatment that will work and has not been used. One time they made mention of a non-FDA approved pill that cost $7,000 each. Clearly, that won't happen.

I'd just like to ask for prayers. It's not an emergency. He goes back in 4 months and then they will see what they need to do. I sure would like to hear in 4 months "there has been no more growth." Or even better: "There IS no spot anymore!"

If you think about it, would you say a prayer for his health? He sure is a good Dad and Grandpa and husband and we'd like to have him around a long time. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely Brenda!

    What's the point of all this "Christian blogging" if we don't hold one another up in prayer across the miles when a need arises?

    Your dad is on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, consider it done! I am putting your dad on our prayer list at church also! Healing thoughts! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I also did a post on my blog for your dad with a link back...maybe we can get more prayers going in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melismama! Thank you everyone. By the way, his name is Tom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through melismama's link and I wanted to let you know that I will put your dad on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying too, for healing, for God's grace over such challenges, for His peace during this waiting period...
    In His love, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda, I am always late to read and comment.I am so sorry to hear this about your dad.I will be praying for your father Tom and for peace for all of you.LucyT

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)