Monday, March 22, 2010

Stupid Blogging


Hi! Remember me? Brenda, who used to host Fitness Fridays? Yeah.

I just put a cake in the oven and poured myself a congratulatory glass of coke. The congratulations were for not getting a caffeine headache today after slipping up and drinking several REAL cokes this weekend. (This is Texas, by the way. When we say coke....we mean pop or soda. I actually had knock off Dr. Pepper if you really must know.) Anyway, I have been off of cokes for a little over a month I think, trying to only have caffeine free diet drinks when I really wanted one.

So I sat down with my coke, lifted the glass to my lips and began to drink, while my right hand clicked on an e-mail. Here is how it started:

Hi Brenda,
I was just looking back at a comment you made on my blog in December. I made a comment about giving up cola and you said you were too. I was just wondering how it was going for you.

Ha ha. Ha ha ha. I almost spit my coke out. Could the timing BE any more ironic?

Did I really say that? Folks, I'll be honest. I don't remember going off of cokes in December. Clearly, that was not a firm commitment on my part. I am so busted.

I am glad to report that I got up and poured the coke down the sink. So thank you Tammi Kay, for the kick in the butt.

Blogging is so good for you.


  1. That is hilarious. I can relate. I am hooked on pop too. I keep telling myself, "Man, I am craving WATER." I hope I can believe that one day.

    Good for you for wasting that coke.... (gulp) that would be hard for me to do. I might have enjoyed it and said, "Next time I'll do better."

  2. What kind of cake did you put in the oven?


  3. No pressure, um, but, wouldn't this be a good time to start fitness friday again?? Like, don't we all wanna feel better BEFORE summer slaps in the face... I'm just sayin'... I would be on board (w/ my baggy sweatshirt)

  4. No, Pineapple Upside Down Cake because fruit= healthy. Right?

  5. Sheri, indeed it would. I'll think on it. Maybe it can come back for a short time. At least until summer hits.

  6. LOL! The Prince and I just decided not to buy 'Cokes' anymore either. And then we had a visitor from the States, and when sent out for ice the Prince came back with Pepsi.

    Thanks a lot Honey!

    And fruit + dripping brown sugar sauce = probably three cokes. lol

    I'm up for Fitness Fridays to make a comeback!


I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)