Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tomorrow Is a New Day

I feel like I've been kind of negative around this old blog lately. Well, if you had talked to me in person you would have heard the same thing. I've been overwhelmed.

I spent some time last week planning and writing things out and trying to figure out a plan of attack. The goal this time is NOT to "get the house clean" or "finish the laundry" or "get on top of things" or even to "declutter."

The goal this time is MUCH MUCH bigger than that. I am trying to become an organized person. At least in the area of homemaking.

It is a need. I believe that I am the keeper of this home. We are becoming a godly family. Therefore this is a godly home. And God is not a God of disorder but of peace. Therefore, our home should be a place of order and peace.

Did any of that make sense? I know there is more to having a peaceful home than the look of it, but it does absolutely make a difference. Take it from someone who is sitting in disorder at the moment. I should know.

I spent eight bucks on a tool for our home yesterday. I first saw this on Terry's blog, but it was an older version. It suddenly occurred to me that there is probably a current version, and there is. Eight bucks to help me develop better habits? I'll take one please.

This is just a simple checklist. It's not meant to induce guilt. If you can't get something done that day, you just scratch it off. You do NOT move it to the next day. Just go on with your life because it will come up again.

Oh I have so much more to say about all this but I wanted to share this first step. I'll be starting my checklist tomorrow on June 1st. We'll see how it goes!

You can look at all the products here.

6 comments:

  1. I use the Motivated Moms checklist tool, too. It has been a great help to me as far as getting housekeeping organized. And I like the fact that I don't have to think about what to do or what chores to give the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda! This sounds like a great idea. I need to get organized as well. I know exactly what you mean too about a peaceful home is much easier to obtain with organization. Really appreciate you sharing that site!
    Hey, maybe we need to start a get organized suggestion day. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey B -
    Glad you are starting to feel like you can take control of the things in your life that are causing you stress! This looks like a great checklist and hope that you do well with it.

    Don't know if you saw the post where I named the scripture you were wondering about in regards to organization being one of the gifts of the spirit ... but know that any of those gifts CAN be cultivated if you are willing to try and strengthen and build it. Just as any of the gifts of the spirit can be lessened, they can also be strengthened. ( no matter how much you have or think you don't have ) Will be praying that you achieve that peace in your home you are talking about, and yes, it does make sense to me ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been where you are, brenda. Let me tell you, having a checklist should help a lot. It has for me. And yes, it is worth the eight bucks to end the day knowing you got something done.

    You're an inspiration and I know you'll do great. You'll probably be all organized by the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!!! I'm really liking the list so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Brenda! I will check out the link later. But you're right, God IS a God of order. That whole line of thought made total sense.

    Can't wait to see how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)