Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fitness Friday Assignment

This week's assignment is called, "What Are You Up Against?" There are many, many other reasons to lose weight and become more fit besides, "I want to look better." Yes, that is probably my #1 reason, but there ARE better reasons, I admit.

I have learned through our Fitness Fridays that many of you deal with health issues and that is one of the motivators for your fitness goals. So, what are you up against? And for those of us who don't specifically know of a health issue right this very second...what are you up against in your genes?

There are many, many more reasons for getting fit besides looking better. Let's talk about the serious side of this on Friday. And update each other on our goals. How did your this week's goals go? What are next week's goals? See you Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo! Good one, Brenda! Make us get serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss E. don't play around huh !!! Ha - ha : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I am getting very close to being ready to leave for Oregon on Saturday. My next few days are very hectic so I won't be doing the FF thing this week. I will say that I have been diagonosed as having chemical depression. Working out and eating healthy helps me so much. I have been taking the antidepressants to long but just can't make it without them. Please, don't anyone tell me how to get off them or trust more in God. I have had this problem most of my life so I know I can't go without them. If I am very, very, very, good it seems like I can cut back but not go off. Thanks to all of you for encouraging each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melody - I feel compelled to jump in and respond to your comment. We have to take care of the spiritual, emotional AND the physical! If your body needs antidepressants to function normally, there's no need to be ashamed in the least. It's not any different than taking antibiotics for a bacterial infection that a body can't fight off effectively. It just is.

    Have fun in Oregon! I'm headed there myself next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhh...I really like this one Brenda! Thanks! And did you stop by to read my big news :) I have pictures to show tomorrow too of my house for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luanne, I am so glad you reminded me! I thought about your big news while I was folding clothes the other day and then forgot to go look! Going now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too hilarious! Your daughter told me this morning that she saw my picture on the Internet. I said to her, "What was I doing?" (I thought for sure she meant someone else). Then I thought she might have seen my blog, but I couldn't think of why. She says, "You were just standing there smiling." What a very small world we live in, huh? I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)