Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Approach to Homeschool Planning

So. It turns out that the blog I found a few days ago...well, she's more than just a pretty homeschool room face.

I've read some of her older posts on homeschool organization and I am absolutely inspired. This year I will be doing a few things differently. And also, I AM planning for next year when TECHNICALLY we have not finished this year. But oh well.

I'm beginning, as she did, with my ideal. That is what I'm thinking about this week:

What would my ideal homeschool look like?

And, in light of my new friend Belinda's awesome article that I read the other day....my husband's vision will be a part of that ideal.

Instead of standing in the middle of my homeschool room thinking, "how do I want to arrange this room for next year?" and being limited by our physical surroundings, (even more so for those without a "space" for homeschooling), I am going to think about my ideal and then make it work in the space I've been given.

Make sense?

Good. And also, perhaps we should work on finishing this year up while I'm dreaming.

8 comments:

  1. Alright, alright. I'm inspired to be inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda. It has been FOREVER since I've been here at your blog. I used to read you when I first started my blog last fall but somehow I must have "lost" you. NOt sure what happened.
    Glad I found you again!
    I'll put you on my "follow" list so that it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one wants to do school but we won't start until he's 2. He's already trying so hard to read that I haven't the heart to make him wait. I'm choosing stuff for him now and if it takes us 2 years to do Pre-K, then oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a lot like me. Except, I'll go into a room full of motivation and expectation and then just stand there because I am overwhelmed by the enormity of the task. So, nothing gets done. I like your new resolve. I'm going to try to look at things that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have it under control. Good luck with the rest of this year and the beginning of the next. I am so...looking forward to starting Mystery of History with the kiddos this summer. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Lisa--I'm glad you found me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda,
    I can totally relate to the dreaming and the planning next year before we've finished this year. I came here to link your blog to a post I just wrote and found that you're thinking along the same lines. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh a little at this post Brenda. I am also already dreaming of next year. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)