I don't have a gym membership. I don't own a treadmill or a bike. I don't have any exercise DVDs. Yet. I really stink at this part of fitness. Making better food choices is much easier.
I didn't say easy. I said easier!
So this week's assignment was really for me. But I hope some of you can benefit too! If there is one thing I've learned during Fitness Friday, it's that busy weeks can throw our plans completely off. We've got to sneak some exercise in sometimes.
1. Get a pet! We got rabbits recently for the girls. See how cute they were when we got them?
They've grown a bit, but they are mini-lops so they will stay pretty small. Anyway, cleaning out their bunny house is HARD WORK! And it has to be done twice a week. We feel like regular farmers mucking out the stall. Removing the old hay and newspapers and all the other pleasantries that bunnies leave behind, then re-papering and putting fresh hay out....it's exercise, trust me.
2. Swim. We get an above ground pool each year. Like this one:
Yes, theoretically you should be able to use these again but so far that hasn't worked out for us. Long story. Anyway, it's worth every single penny especially considering the drive to the public pool and the cost to get in. We swim nearly every single day for about an hour. Now, understand there is precious little "swimming" going on in a pool this size. Today, however, the girls and I had a kicking contest, I threw them both up over and over, we run from each other, etc. There is a lot of activity going on there where normally I would be inside doing not so much.
3. Tackle odd housekeeping jobs. Scrubbing baseboards comes to mind. Cleaning out behind the fridge. Scrubbing, and moving furniture are physical tasks AND you get the added benefit of a cleaner house. Just one job a day and it's good for your muscles.
That's the bulk of my ideas. Now I can't wait to read yours! Here are my goals for this week:
1. Eat more fruit and veggies. I've added these to nearly every meal this week. So far, so good.
2. Pray for strength and help from the Lord. This is hard and I do not need to try to go it alone.
3. Move furniture and clean behind it. My sneaky exercise this week.
4. Drink water with meals. Well, not breakfast. Ew.
Hope you have a great weekend ladies!!! Can't wait to read all of your great ideas!