Monday, July 5, 2010

New Month....New Focus

Happens every year. I spend June working on the house and July is all about the getting ready for the new school year. I have no idea when I plan on starting. I can't even think that far as the room is still covered in boxes and junk.

First, how about we find a place for everyone to walk?

But I can feel my brain gearing up for the planning. In June I accomplished a few things:

1. I attacked our desk/place we stack lots of paper. I filed away old paperwork to put in the attic. Guess what? I hadn't done that since we moved to this house. I created a place to pay bills. Now husband just wants me to clean out a filing cabinet and I'll be done out there.

2. I switched the homeschool room and playroom and got the playroom all set up and cute.

3. I painted the new homeschool room and hung the curtains and put the furniture in place.

Uh....that's about all I can think of. But that was a LOT!

Now, to start thinking about what to do with a 1st grader and a 5th grader. What do you have going on in July?

2 comments:

  1. You sound just like me. Except it's July and I am still working on the house. I decided that I'll use the energy of the morning to do house stuff and work on school stuff in the afternoon. We will start back the 2nd week of August, so I have lots to do. My schoolroom is still a wreck, but should get some attention this week sometime.

    PS. Love the new look on your blog! You had a quote/graphic on the older design that I LOVED and can't recall what it said. Something about this day is your life. Can you send it to me? I would love to post it in my house and maybe on my blog. Thanks Brenda!
    My email is melissamor AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking forward to July for ages. June was sheer insanity, and in many ways the toughest month of my entire life. In fact, I can't think of even a close contender right now. There's so much to do this month, but my family is all together again, my husband can face my problems with me (as in, a baby who really struggles with sleep), and we have a house to live in. Sure, it's got boxes and half-assembled furniture scattered all over the place and that's driving me crazy, but it's a place to call home and I can handle one box at a time. Even if that amounts to only one box a day. Which I guess I should go do now since both children are, much to my incredulity, asleep.

    Good luck with July, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)