Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Around Here

Soon, I will be talking about homeschool planning non-stop. Those of you who don't homeschool are so thrilled I'm sure. But summer really is the time of year when I focus on this house, and there is still much to do around here.

First of all, thanks to a commenter (and I cannot find the comment to give credit), I learned about 30 Meals. Oh how I like this idea! They say if you really sit down and think about it, you can most likely come up with 10-15 meals that you regularly make. Then, you just add to it until you have 30. I mean, just LOOK at step 2. How happy that makes me! And the spreadsheet with the ingredients (which husband will have to help me make--I don't know Excel very well), will be very useful. You save money by keeping stocked those things you use for your 30 meals, and by being able to cook out of the pantry at a moment's notice.

I WANT to get this together in July.

Then there is the new homeschool room, which is a lovely shade of blue, but cannot actually be walked in. It's BAD. Must attack.

And of course just the general non-stop other housework that accompanies a family living in a house.

But what my mind is on already...is planning for next year. Will someone please tell my mind that there is no point in planning when there is not a visible floor or table in the homeschool room?

Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Brenda,You are so funny.I have actually told myself not to even look at a school catalog before.That is just impossable.LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh,I forgot this is a great idea.The 30 meal thing that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 30 meals thing is a great idea!! Hmmm... like you need to see your homeschool room before you plan, I need to see my kitchen before I start that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's when it actually looks like something is getting done :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)