Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Insert Riveting Title Here 'Cause I Ain't Got One (or clearly, not a post on grammar)

I sat down yesterday and sewed my little heart out. I cut up some fabric I had and then just pretended I had a serger and zig-zag stitched all the way around the edges.

See? Napkins for us! And on the right there is an old towel that was falling apart. I cut it up and stitched around it to make cleaning rags. They are for wiping up spills, scrubbing things...whatever. I guess they are sort of the paper towel replacers. I think we'll need more cleaning rags, but the napkins should be enough because I already had some. Now I just need a basket to put them so they are easy to grab and look nice.

I am teaching the children's class tonight at church and substituting in the nursery class the next two Sundays for my friend who is 100 months pregnant and can't bend over to help the children anymore. And also doesn't fit in the teacher's chair very well. And that will take me to the end of July and then I have to take some time off all this volunteering because I will need to focus big time on getting our school year ready.

I bought some school supplies today at Wal-Mart. I'm telling you, you have to be really alert when you shop. I got 4 boxes of 24 count Crayola crayons for .25 each and right above them were 8 count Crayola crayons for .78 cents each. Hello? Also, I got 16 glue sticks for $2 and right above them was a pack of 12 glue sticks for $3.88. It's like they put the sale stuff out but leave the regularly priced stuff out too. Watch out!

Erin had a really great Fitness Friday post the other day. I've thought about it several times. It's funny--but easy to apply to your own life! :) And because S was diagnosed with diabetes yesterday...I'm thinking it's time for Fitness Friday to reappear for awhile. Anyone interested? I'll be posting on Friday and I'll throw up a MckLinky or whatever that's called now if you like.

I'm off to make supper and get snack and Bible class stuff ready. These last few hours before mid-week church are the busiest and fastest-paced of my entire week.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about S.I really liked your fitness friday posts.LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    You crack me up! I'm still chuckling over the title of the post! Glad to hear that Fitness Friday is making a comeback. I need all the motivation I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to Fitness Friday!! Now that we're moved and have something of a routine going on, I'm desperate to get serious about getting fit again!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)