Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Because Why Not?

In our new homeschool room, which I have yet to post pictures of the final product because it's still a mess, there is an art table in one corner. The purpose of the art table is to give the girls a place to work besides our homeschool table. I dream of one morning walking into the school room and being able to SEE the top surface of the table and maybe even SET MY DRINK DOWN on the table top and START WORKING IMMEDIATELY instead of spending 15 minutes every morning cleaning it off.

If it doesn't work out I'll have to think up another reason why it stays a mess. I'll let you know how that goes.

Last year the girls sat in some old chairs that belonged to me and my sisters growing up. They were our desk chairs. My biggest sister had a white one and I had a brown one because those matched the furniture in our childhood bedrooms.

Well.

I got some cushier chairs for school time so those old desk chairs have become the chairs for the art table. And the girls wanted to paint them.

So I said...."Go for it" and laid down ONE layer of newspaper and handed them the supplies and then walked out of the room. I made no suggestions and only came in every few minutes to assure myself that there was not paint all over the floor. I thought I had finally lost it, but they had so much fun.















Now if we just had a lovely room in which to use the chairs. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Be glad you have girls! This would not have come out as neatly as it did with boys in the house. Where there is a potential mess to be made, they will make it and at twice the rate you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great idea! I can see that the chairs are turning our beautifully.
    We have the same issue over here. Stuff all over the table, all the time. I need to bring the art table back over from my parents' house... but now there's no room, with the new bookcases. What do you do when you run out of wall space?? Or is it just me, lining my walls with bookcases and toy shelves?

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)