Brenda here. Taking a break from cleaning the girls' rooms. While I'm working, I'm thinking about all the different tasks involved in this big room change we are planning to undergo. Obviously, we are not going to be able to "take a weekend" and get these rooms completely done. This is a project that will have to be worked on little by little until the big day when S completes the lofts....and then things will need to be ready to go!
So here are the jobs I could do here and there as I have the time....
1. Pick out fabric for the bedding.
I have made a decision. Rather than worry with the hugger comforters, I am going to make blankets for the girl's beds. I have made several blankets for children who were having surgery and one for a baby shower and they are terribly easy to make. I will just measure and make sure they are just the right size for covering the mattress with a bit left over to tuck in. They aren't as puffy as comforters and in Texas, they will be all the covers that are needed 90% of the year. In cold months, we'll just throw another blanket on top of them at night.
2. Sew curtains. I am good at this kind of sewing. Once I have the blanket fabric picked out, coordinating curtains will be a breeze. There is only one small window in the room.
3. Oh yeah...sew the blankets. Picking it out isn't enough.
4. Paint the inside of the closet. When we moved in I painted a little bit of the closet purple (just the part that shows when the doors are open) so that will need to be gone over. The whole inside of the closet needs to be painted but I'm not even sure that's possible. I'll get some pictures of this closet for you later and you'll see why. But that's an easy job. 1 hour tops.
5. Sew/find pillows for the beds. Sweetheart loves horses. Little Bit loves dinosaurs. I explained to them that we will not have theme bedding in this new room. So, pillows with their beloved animals will do the trick. Pillows can be changed out easily.
That's enough thinking for now. I don't want to make my head hurt. Hope you are having a good day whatever you are doing!