Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fitness Friday: The Temptation Edition

Well, first I will let you know how I did on my goals this week. I think the word I'm looking for is TERRIBLE!

Let's see--I truly ate too many sweets. I didn't eat nearly enough fruits and veggies. But I did cut down the cokes a lot. So, one out of three ain't bad.

The exercise? Well...I decided what I want to do. I looked at the library for the DVD but sadly did not find it. I did a lot of housework and didn't sit down all that much. I was busy, but I didn't really exercise in the strict definition of the word.

I did well on the clothes in spite of it being cold weather. I felt really great today. I put make-up on, fixed my hair, put on nice-ish clothes ALL BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED! It was a nice way to start the day.

Spiritually, I finally remembered to ask the Lord for strength today and I had a great day. I must remember to depend on His strength and not my own.

I'm not changing my goals for this next week because they were good ones. Perhaps I'll even meet more of them this next week!

Now....temptation.

The number one thing that tempts me is sweets. I don't have "a" sweet tooth, I have a mouthful of them! I do better when I keep 100 calorie sweets around. That way I can have a sweet, but not bust out of my clothes at the same time. Chocolate is really a downfall for me!

I like fried foods but I don't crave them really. I can't really think of anything I am tempted to do or have except the sweets. My biggest problem is that I am so terribly tempted to do NOTHING. That's worse than anything! I am too sedentary, too content with not-so-healthy food, etc. Is laziness or apathy a temptation?

As far as what I'm going to do about it...I think I should treat it the same way as sin and run away. I need to walk away from the kitchen when I'm tempted to shove a quick cookie in my mouth. It doesn't help that I must walk through my kitchen to get to the laundry room, sewing room, garage, etc. Perhaps I should go back to colonial times and have a detached kitchen off the back of the house!

Oh! I know! I'll just run through the kitchen instead of walking! That way...I'll run away from the temptation, get my laundry done faster, and get in some exercise all at the same time! I love it when a plan comes together. (name that TV show!)

Let us know what your temptations are and how you deal with them. The pounds you lose may be your friend's!



9 comments:

  1. I so appreciate the honesty. It's hard to keep this all up, isn't it? The beginning is like a honeymoon and it's almost fun. Then reality settles back in. *sigh*

    I have a solution for the kitchen problem. Having grown up in Amish country, I've seen the horses with the blinders on. You know, the things that keep them from looking side to side? I could so get you a pair. If you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would have to say apathy is a temptation. It's tempting to stay right where I am because it's known and comfortable. But, it's not healthy eating all that chocolate and ice cream is it? (I need to run from the kitchen, too! That will look funny in about 5 months.) :)

    But, what a problem solver you are, running to avoid the temptation, getting laundry done, and getting in some exercise. Tell us what your girls say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, I forgot to write about the temptations in my post. I am most tempted by things like potatoes, artisan breads with butter and cheese, frozen yogurt. Nothing too healthy, as you can see. I try not to keep icecream or frozen yogurt in the house, and sometimes I try getting a drink of water in case I'm really feeling thirsty rather than hungry. Sometimes I try to distract myself by taking a walk and telling myself if I'm still hungry when I get back I can eat, and most of the time the hunger passes before I get home.
    Do you think I should edit my post and add this in? Or will people from our group just see it here in the comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but I can hardly read any of the things on your dark red background that are written in black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about that running in the house thing...

    But, I do know that I am always inspired by you. I cannot even imagine a day when I've had real clothes on before school, much less MAKEUP. You really know how to set a bar, Brenda! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. This morning I looked again, and it's not the things in black that I'm having a problem reading. It's the things in grey,like the first 4 links. I couldn't see who they were, so I just clicked on each of them to find out. LOL But then the rest of the links are in black, so I could read them. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I am again, leaving another comment. I couldn't believe I hadn't received even one comment from anyone so I came back to the links on your post and clicked on mine and it seems I must have done something wrong because it did not connect. I didn't know how to remove that first link, so I just linked myself again. Can you get rid of the first link that doesn't work? Thanks. And I'm really sorry for all these posts I've been leaving you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a terrible busy week too, and feel off the wagon. I didn't even have time to put a post. I'll be back next week though.

    Sounds like you had a lot of positives also though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I know I've been away but it's all home-improvement related and in a few short weeks I won't be going between two houses anymore so I can start posting again. But I had to answer the trivia question: "I love it when a plan comes together!" = the A Team. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)