Friday, October 29, 2010

A Healthy Kind of Day

The girls have been sniffly and allergy-ful lately. They also got to bed really late last night because we had some people over for Bible study. Yes, I would normally excuse myself and put them to bed but they were playing with the daughter of one of the guests.

AND to top if off we have a busy weekend ahead of us. So, not wanting to run them into the ground and turn sniffles into all-out sickness, I have called a preventative health day. We probably will do some school, but not much. We will mostly rest and lay around.

Sweetheart is watching a DVD of the book of Luke. "Jesus" has freaky hair, but it's a pretty good movie. Little Bit is playing after having a 30 minute wardrobe dilemma. She doesn't like to wear pants anymore. They "don't feel good." She only wants to wear skirts or dresses. Since we are having fake fall today in the form of 40 degree temperatures this morning from a cold front, that's not very practical. I bought her some black leggings, but they look weird with all her dresses. We finally found an acceptable outfit.

I think some of this would work well, but Land's End is not as cheap as I'd like it to be. Mind you, it's not outrageous...but it adds up. Children's Place is not very practical this year. What is up with their fall line? Like my daughter is really going to run around playing in those. And the skirts I found at Old Navy were all approximately 4 inches long. (Although, I totally found a long denim skirt for Sweetheart in the store even though they are supposed to be online only! I was very excited. They are nice looking and will go with everything!) And more than half the dresses on Old Navy's website were NOT in our store. Hmph.

I think I will be assessing her hand-me-down shirt colors and sewing some skirts on our week off!

I have 3 rounds of company coming this weekend starting this afternoon, so it's time for me to shine the house up and get ready!

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the girls are feeling better.LucyT

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)