Monday, May 31, 2010

The Summer Plans

A few folks have asked me if I'm going to do weekly summer themes like we have a few summers now. Well, this summer I thought we would focus on homemaking skills. Between sister and I, we have 4 daughters who will hopefully one day run homes. There is a lot of learning to do!

That's why I was so excited to see the launch of the new website Raising Homemakers. This site is going to be a wealth of information this summer as I try to figure out what to teach my daughters. Summer is such a great time to work on homemaking skills as there are far less studies and planned activities to get in the way.

Hop over there and see what they've got going on and also sign up for the awesome giveaway! Man I would LOVE to win that!

On a side note, I've had some, um, concerns with my pregnancy this weekend. I won't know anything for sure until I see the doctor this week but please keep our family (especially the girls) in your prayers. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Brenda,I am praying for all of you.

    LucyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! This baby, my third as well, has given me a time, much of it scary. But he or she keeps hanging on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Will pray for you and baby. And especially the girls. Things like that are so hard for the littles to understand.

    Also, thanks for the link to the site! Looks really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest assured that you and the baby are in God's hands.
    Love you all and hope to see you all soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,My heart and prayers are with you tonight.I know the pain of losing three babies and the fear of the possability of having it happen again.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)