Sweetheart had some input in the schedule and she had some good ideas. Tomorrow I will share it with them and make sure everyone is on the same page. Basically I have a....
- planning day (menu and school)
- an errand day (grocery shopping, library, etc.)
- a kitchen/dining room day (heavy cleaning)
- a bathroom/bedroom day (again--heavy cleaning)
- a laundry/clothes day (wash and iron and straighten closets and dressers)
- a fun day (play with cousins, swim, etc.)
- and a playroom (girls) homeschool room (me) and sewing day. I teach a sewing class once a week so I figured if I was going to drag all my sewing stuff out for class, that would be the perfect day to work on my own sewing projects as well.
o Morning chores (rooms, beds, personal hygiene)
o Clean up living room (absolutely their job to keep this room clean--EVEN IF they didn't get the thing out. I figure if I can wash their dirty dishes, they can put my shoes away for me sometimes.)
o Straighten front hallway (same as above)
o Pick up floor and put things away when you are through with them
o Cook meals
o Pay bills/keep up with checkbook
o Wash dishes
o Teach school (what little we will do this summer)
o Pick up and put things away when I am through with them
o Help Dad
Whew! What a load off my mind!!! Now I know that each room is getting the attention it so needs. Yes, sure, things will go wrong. I'll need to run an errand when it is NOT errand day. Someone will get sick and laundry day won't be able to wait. I know this. But at least I have a plan.
Again, thanks for all the encouragement!