Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This Ain't No Magazine Shoot

I've been meaning to post pictures of the girls' room makeover for several days now but the room wasn't, you know, perfect. Or even really tidy. So I was waiting. And then I thought forget it. It's "in progress." I'll keep it real for you, ok?

We got the used loft bed on Friday and S put that and the new loft bed (for Little Bit because it's only fair that Ramona get something new) together Saturday morning.

Here is the underneath of Little Bit's loft. We threw some $1 carpet squares under there that had been in the playroom, her bookshelf to hold her favorite things, and her Tinkerbell chair. It will look better later and I also plan to put a curtain on this area for privacy/beauty.
And here is a lamp I found at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. Sweetheart already has a hot pink one which also matches this room. The shade is light pink, despite it's purple appearance in this picture.

Here is Little Bit's dresser. In this picture, I would like you to see the basket on the dresser. I bought these to hold all of their "treasures." My girls are forever finding feathers, sticks, rocks, and other various objects that come home and find their way on top of the dresser. This is meant to corral all that and keep it out of sight. Also, please enjoy the lovely curtain-sheet that is still hanging on the window. Gotta get on that.

Next to the window is their mirrors. I need something to hang above these. Something bird-y.

Here is Sweetheart's dresser. She always has so much stuff. And it all means something to her. She's terribly sentimental. Which makes for a cluttered dresser, I suppose.

And under her loft. She really played under here yesterday and is sick today so I didn't make her clean it up for the picture. I'm so nice. See the kitchen stool there? That is what I have to use to tuck them in at night. I am 5' 7" or so and what I'm telling you is these lofts are TALL.

Here is the banner hung above Little Bit's loft. And yes, in case you were wondering, the girls have been sleeping on these for 3 nights now with no sheets. I needed to wash all the sheets but I had to make a new batch of laundry soap and so it took longer than it should have and then last night we just flat didn't feel like messing with it. It's on the list to do.

So that's where we stand. A lot of progress in one weekend, but still a long way from the pages of a magazine.


1 comment:

  1. I'm 5'5 if I'm lucky. J-Man would swear it's 5'4, whatever. I would need a taller stool!

    I think when you're done it will be lovely. Can't wait! Something bird-y...hmmm...let me think...

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)