Monday, May 10, 2010

Almost a Week!

I very rarely go that long without blogging. I have a great excuse, but that's a post for another day.

What we've been up to, is trying really hard to do nothing. The homeschool group's activities are winding down and we've had a lot of places to go and be these last 2 weeks. This week? I have next to nothing on the calendar. Pure bliss. Today, specifically, has nothing written on it. That's a nice thing for a Monday.

Sweetheart is down to just 2 subjects to finish up fourth grade. Little Bit could do a lot of things but I'm just doing 1 or 2 things with her each day as well. Next week I'm helping administer a standardized test for our homeschool group so precious little else will happen that week.

And with all this shedding of "normal" scheduling, I'm turning my attention to the same place it turns every June--my house. Including the oft-neglected regions of the homeschool room, laundry room, sewing room, and my bedroom. The rest we keep up with pretty well during the year. I always feel a need to accomplish great things during the first part of the summer. Anyone else get that? It's like a spring-cleaning, end-of-school, gotta-get-things-done-before-next-year FIT.

I've already started making lists.

And doing laundry.

Hey, give me a break. It's not June YET, OK?

2 comments:

  1. Pure bliss with nothing to do : )
    Not for long.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I have days where I don't have to go anywhere. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)