Saturday, June 6, 2009

NOT In Over Our Heads

I know you are more than tired of hearing about this, but I am so amazed. Here's how our weekend is shaping up:

Friday night: had friends over for Bible study in the evening
Saturday morning: Home Depot kids' workshop and then home to make meal plan and grocery list. I hate making meal plans and grocery lists.
Saturday afternoon: I had lunch to cook for everyone and then S cleaned up from lunch. Including sweeping!!! :) Girls and I shoot to Wal-Mart for the groceries. While I'm there, I get a phone call from S.

The preacher is sick and guess who is filling in tomorrow morning? Plus he already has to prepare for the Sunday night Bible study he leads. I begin teaching the new 2 year old's class at church tomorrow so I have 400 things to do for that. Plus I am finishing aprons this weekend which must be mailed on Monday. Plus I want to get the girls' summer chore charts ready to begin on Monday. Plus I am beginning summer workboxes on Monday and need to prepare those. Plus I really wanted to work on labels for the play room this weekend before the cousins start coming over this week. Plus, S has a meeting at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon and has to research and prepare a document for that meeting.

WHEW!!!!

But you know what? It's going to be OK because we have a kitchen full of food and a plan for the meals. It's going to be OK because I did laundry all week and, while there is a bit more to do, everyone has enough to wear. It's going to be OK because I have been doing my checklist all week and the house is no where near perfect....but perfectly acceptable to ignore for now.

Before, we would have been eating out all weekend because no one had been to the store. Before, we would have been getting clothes ready at midnight before church the next day. Before, the house would have fallen completely apart while we attended to all the things we need to do.

I love organization. It's my new BFF. :)

7 comments:

  1. Well done - AGAIN!! Isn't that nice to hear??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your enthusiasm. Even though I felt silly ordering that organizer since I'm no longer a young mom with kids, it wound up being one of the better decisions I've made in a long while. It makes a huge difference, is very motivational, and keeps me from feeling overwhelmed and thinking I've got to get it all done at once. So thanks so much for sharing about that list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you.... and excited ad how the Lord will revise your family through your desire and efforts to become more organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just KNEW you would be totally into organizing once you "got it"!! Welcome to the club my friend...you are now one of us...

    And that's a good thing!

    I am still waiting for your help on chores. You know, when you get some free time. How is early next year looking? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,

    How greaat is it that your organization system is working.

    By the way, I hate making the meal plan, too. And since I grocery shop based on which stores have the best deals, list making and meal planning are a real chore. I have to space it out over several days.

    I am so jealous of you that you got a lot of laundry done. Our dryer broke and the repair man con't come until Wednesday. My 14 year old, in a panic, said "WHAT are we going to do???"

    I actually found that pretty funny because in my parents' house growing up we hung our clothes outside on a clothesline and only used our dryer when the weather demanded it. My dad was a stickler for keeping the electric bill in check.

    I'm thinking I should get a clothesline, you know? It would save us some money because we have heaping loads of laundry around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new reader. I'm wondering how you got your life organized? I'm trying to find a solution to my chaos. Can you email me when you have time at scrmbld (at) hotmail (dot) com.
    See, "scrmbld" even implies how I live!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)