Monday, March 5, 2007

When We First Started...

I had no clue about being a godly wife when we got married. No one even counseled us beforehand. We had been dating for so long I think everyone at our church just said, "It's about time! Let's get these 2 married!" So, we just jumped right in. The only thing different for our marriage is that we were both Christians. But, that did not mean we had a godly marriage.

I'm not even sure I could have told you much about what scripture has to say on the subject of marriage. Or roles of husbands and wives. I probably had never read or paid attention to those verses much.

It's been 14 years this summer since we said, "I do" and boy have things changed! But most of the changes occured in the last few years. God has been very busy working on this family, which now includes 2 beautiful daughters. We have come a long way in understanding what scripture has to say about the family.

I intend to share what I'm learning on this blog. Maybe it will encourage other women to re-think what they have (or have NOT) been taught about being a family.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I saw your comment on Grafted Branch's site today and had to come over here, just because your comment compelled me to do so. And then I read your profile... which describes a lot of what our family is going through. I have read just the first couple of posts from the beginning of your blog (I like to start at the beginning) and already see myself in you. I believe the Lord is making huge changes in our family, for the better and certainly for His glory. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but I will be popping in on your blog because I would love to see what the Lord is doing in your family!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)