Thursday, March 22, 2007

When Did Suzie Get Here?

What is happening to me? I sit at work (did I mention I work in the mornings?) and think of all the things I need to be doing at home. I'm actually frustrated that I cannot be home taking care of my house. I have 1/3 of the dining room curtains hung up. The other 2/3 still need to be sewn. I put on an apron when I get home and work on the house. And it's a joy!!! I mean, it's overwhelming sometimes but it's where I want to be. When did I become Suzie Homemaker???

Oh yeah--I remember. I prayed that God would turn my heart to my home. I prayed that He would make my priorities the things He wanted them to be. I "discovered" by studying the Bible that I am designed to be my husband's helper. I've found numerous sites online where women tell all the wonderful things they do to take care of their husband, children, and home. What have I been doing the last 13 years?

Oh yeah--I remember. I was on my hands and knees digging through a pile of socks trying to find some to wear to work that day. I was running to the grocery store after work to grab something for dinner that night. I was paying bills on my conference period and grading papers in front of the TV every night. I was running, running...I remember now.

Thank you, Lord, for delivering me from that life. Thank you for teaching me how to be a wife and mother. Thank you for making my heart change. My skills will follow. I can learn how to do the things my family has been needing. I want to learn and You will help me.

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Proverbs 14:1

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! I hope you wont think I am stalking your blog, but it is like you are spying on ME and my thoughts. I could have wrote this very blog this morning and every morning for the past 4 years!...I will try to keep my comments to a minimum as I make my way through your blog. Thanks for sharing. - lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here!! *Applauds* That is precisely how I felt before our Lord turned my heart towards home! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)