Tuesday, March 6, 2007

It Started With Me

Long before I began praying for God to change our family, something happened to change our lifestyle tremendously. I was teaching full-time and my husband working full-time as well. Of course, I had the summers and holidays off. So, for a working mom I felt pretty lucky. I had far more time with my daughter than most working moms, right? I wanted to be home--didn't like leaving my daughter each day, but we had crunched the numbers over and over and it just didn't work out.
Then my friend and babysitter told me she did not want to keep kids the next school year. I had a 4 year old and a newborn. OK Lord, I prayed on the way home, I know you will provide a new babysitter. But He didn't. It soon occured to us that it just wasn't going to work out. Well, I told my husband, I'm qualified to keep the kids. It was scary--but we did it. I packed up my teaching things that May just in case we actually went through with it. I didn't tell anyone at work I was thinking about quitting. In June I turned in my resignation and our journey began.
It would grow my faith in ways I was totally unprepared for. (to be continued)

1 comment:

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)