Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Need Some Good News Today?

I've got some for you! I've been following two blogs and both have had happy news lately.

First of all, Joanne is waking up! Joanne blogs at The Simple Wife and if you had not heard, she had a major stroke a little over a week ago. She is 38 years old. She's been in a medically induced coma to try to control the swelling in her brain but in the last few days she has opened her eyes, given her husband a thumbs up, moved her toes, and started breathing on her own. She and her family still need lots of prayer, but I was so thrilled when I logged on yesterday to see her improvement!

Also, nearly a year ago when Adeye and Anthony adopted Hailee and Harper, she blogged about the children left in Hailee's room. Two of those little boys were adopted last week (and one little girl's family is in process). This is the room of children who were essentially locked away. I've been following Autumn and Josh since they launched their blog and began the adoption process. It has been so thrilling to watch as those boys were rescued. If you need a pick-me-up, go look at those handsome boys' smiling faces. They have a family now!

We need good news every now and then, don't we? And now let's all share some of our own good news.

My Good News:

1. I got groceries yesterday even though it was pouring down rain.
2. We are going to be doing a fun book this week in school. Book units make school worthwhile. Otherwise it's just work.
3. Little Bit is starting to read!!

Your turn! What good news do you have for us today?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this post! Good news indeed about Joanne and those boys! Praise God!

    And, really, isn't there good news all around us when we stop to think? Mine? I planned school for the next two weeks (this is more than good news, it's a miracle!) And, this may sound trite, but I am SO thankful for God's provision. It is good news for us, and I don't want to take it for granted. Our blessings humble me.

    Thanks for the uplifting post today, Brenda! And way to go on the groceries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how timely...almost like you read my FB status...Hmmmm.....;)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about today, what cha got for me today. I feel yuck so I need some good news today.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)