Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's About Time!

Christmas Eve night I got up to go to the bathroom. I walked around our bed, past our bedroom door to get to the bathroom and when I looked up who should be standing there in the hall by her bathroom door but 11 year old Sweetheart.


"What are you doing?" I asked sleepily.

"It's after 8:00. We can get up now!" she said.


OK. Folks, it was actually 1:40AM.

Can you see the dilemma?

I know. She was really excited to get up but it was funny. I made a joke to my family about how we might need to review telling time when school started back in January. (Ya think?) My dad bought a simple looking clock at Wal-Mart for the girls. It's hanging in our homeschool room now.

Sweetheart walked by a few minutes ago and told me what time it was. Then she said, "I think I might need to memorize the minutes so I don't have to count by 5's every time. Just like I'm memorizing my math facts."

***Insert Hallelujah Chorus here.***

And also, our new schedule for school is working out great!!!! OK so it's only been 1 day. I'll tell you about it later today. Gotta teach spelling right now. It's time.

By the way, the clip art for those clocks came from this site and it's awesome!


  1. lol! I bought (er, rather, pointed out for Grandma to buy) this awesome "clock" from American Innovative for my 3-year old: BEST. PARENTING. TOOL. EVER. At least that I've come across :). My daughter can't tell time, but she knows that she can't get out of bed until "Arnold Owl" turns green. A month later and I still want to do a jig about how well it works.

  2. Don't scoff at having your schedule work for only one day so're one day ahead of me. I still needed one more day to clean the g.p. cage and buy groceries. Tomorrow is out first day back.


I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)