Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts on Frozen Waffles

I saw them tonight. They are way back in the freezer. Probably need to be thrown out by now.
You just never know what is going to kick off a train of thought, do you?

See, in our old life last year, my girls ate frozen waffles all the time. Not just any frozen waffles, but the kind that are 99 cents a box. I was so good--I had them liking the cheapest waffles in the frozen foods section. Good thing, too because we went through at least a box a week. Little Bit LOVED waffles. She ate them nearly every morning before day care.

I don't think I could pay them to eat a frozen waffle now. I tried once and they refused. Walked away from the table! Why? Because ever since I came home last June I've been making homemade waffles. (Bisquick counts, right?) And they don't want to go back. The old ones just don't taste as good now that they've had homemade ones.

Ah, and that got me thinking about how much has changed around here in the last year. And how much I don't want to go back to the old way. How can you when you've tasted the Lord's goodness in your life? Don't think you can change your circumstances? Think you are stuck eating frozen waffles forever?

Pray. Change your heart. Submit to your husband. Turn your heart toward your family.

God's way is infinitely better than ANY plan we are able to think up.

And you won't want to go back. I promise.

6 comments:

  1. You really tried to serve frozen after they've gotten used to homemade? Brenda, really!

    And I totally agree with you on the theme of this post. Wonderfully stated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this today, Brenda. We're still eating frozen waffles at my house but I look forward to the day when my kids turn their nose up at them.

    Thank you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too still eat frozen waffles--both literally and figuratively. You give me hope that I can also change, even though most days I fail miserably. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for the record, we do still have (literal) pop tart days around here.

    Mama needs pop tart days sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen waffles...we don't own a toaster here in SA, so frozen waffles are out. I don't know if they even have them here.

    But spiritually? Practically? A sad staple in my diet.

    Thanks Sistah.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)