Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Productive Insomnia

From 4:00am until about 5:30am this is what I did:

1. Made and ate a snack. (graham crackers with peanut butter and a cup of milk)
2. Read my Bible.
3. Made a to do list.
4. Chatted on Facebook with some friends who were also enjoying insomnia.

If we had a bigger house, or a different floor plan, I could do more useful things in the night. It's OK though.

Little Bit has been having an increase in tics this week. And a bit of anxiety (bad dreams, some "I don't feel good" complaints, and some tears.) I'm sure it's the anxiety of not really knowing when or how the whole "baby is coming" will play out. Will it be in the middle of the night? Will it happen during the day? How much longer? How many days will mom be in the hospital? I'm trying to keep us on a regular schedule (even though nothing these last 9 months has been very regular!) to help her out.

Honestly I'm having the same thoughts! But I've walked this road before and she never has.

She and I will be going to bed early tonight as we both lost sleep last night.

And sleep makes everything better, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, if I knew there was a pregnancy insomnia party happening on FB, I would have joined in! My awake time has been from 3:30-5am (EST) for the past two weeks... driving me CRAZY!

    Sorry to hear about Little Bit's tics... praying for all of you to be able to enjoy this time before baby, and for the transition of baby's arrival and homecoming to go well!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)