So what does one DO all day by themselves?
1. Out the door for my 35 week appointment. It was strange walking into the doctor's office without them as they have been at every single appointment with me so far. The nurses and staff kept asking where the girls were. Well, now that there is undressing involved at the remaining appointments, they are finished coming thankyouverymuch. Mama has some limits.
|Blurry 35 week picture in my still-messy room.|
3. Wander around a little bit. There is so much to be done! And no one is going to need anything from me! What should I do????
4. Read Bible. (good choice!) Loving the You Version app on my phone!
5. Strip all beds and start washing sheets.
6. Clean our bedroom. Those three little words took several hours, mind you. I vacuumed, wiped, dusted, threw out, straightened, etc. The whole smash.
7. Sort through sheets. We have SO many sets of sheets. Most of them we didn't even buy. I'm not sure we bought any of them, actually. But after a Facebook conversation about storing sheets, I decided it was time to seriously pare down. Now everyone has 2 sets (one winter, one summer) stored in their room and one set on their bed. Huge pile to donate in floor. Whew!
8. Eat lunch. Here is where I felt a little lonely. Who would've thought? I thought I'd watch a little something on Netflix while I ate but I found that nothing looked good. I think I have almost totally forgotten how to watch TV.
9. Oh, and through all this work I panted a lot. And had a lot of Braxton Hicks. But seeing as how the news at the doctor clearly indicated that baby is not coming ANY time soon, I didn't worry about doing too much and just kept going.
10. Bake cookies. (Translation: break cookie dough apart and put on cookie sheet. Insert in oven.) You didn't picture me doing that from scratch, did you?
11. 2:00 Our bathroom and bedroom are totally clean! Clean sheets on bed. Everything. :)
|I even organized inside the cabinets!|
|The nursery is still a little junky. I've got shower gifts stored here for now. And the hospital bag all ready to be packed. And a little craft project laying in the bed.|
12. Sit on couch for an hour with laptop and rest. (And eat several cookies!)
13. 3:15 Go pick up girls.
It was a good day. Thank you, B & A for taking the girls swimming. They had a blast! And this mama feels better to have a little order restored to the house. And OK, having the day off of school was nice too!
Oh but there is more to do!! And now that my minions are back, they will be helping. Mwhahaha!