We made excuses instead.
And they served us well and helped us increase in size. BUT NO MORE!!!!
Any and all excuses having to do with our health.
Date of Death: Friday, November 21, 2008
Here were some of mine. Some are old and I haven't used them in a while. Those are the kinda dusty ones there in the back. Others get a lot of use and I keep them right here by me so they are easily accessible. In no particular order:
1. Life is meant to be lived! (I should enjoy dessert because what good is life if you don't get to indulge in the little pleasures?)
2. It's not that bad. (I'm not THAT fat. I'm not THAT out of shape. I can still fit into these. This outfit makes me look pretty small.)
3. What do you expect? I've had 2 kids! (Yeah, like I'm the only woman on the planet to undergo pregnancy and childbirth--and besides, it was FIVE years ago!)
4. Other people go work out, but my kids need me here at home. I'm not going to go selfishly pursing a perfect body at the gym.
5. We just need to be frugal right now. I can't afford to eat healthy.
6. I had a salad for lunch, so I can have this now. (usually JUNK food)
7. Why should everyone else get to eat ___________ and not me?
Oh I could probably go on and on. I'll bet some of you will think of ones I forgot. The time when I tell myself the biggest excuses is in front of the mirror. There is where I work really hard to convince myself it's not so bad. Maybe the kitchen in your mental battleground. Perhaps we should hang up some Bible verses in our area of weakness to help keep the excuses at bay?
My successes so far:
- Last week marked 7 1/2 inches lost total!
- I've been wearing my wedding ring all week!
- I wore a skirt Sunday that hasn't fit me in 1-2 years!
These little successes feel so good. I need to have more of them. I WANT to have more of them. Which is why I'm going to keep going.
Have a good weekend everyone!