Monday, November 5, 2007

In Praise of the Husband

My husband, to be exact. I am so thankful for him.

I had the opportunity to tell someone this weekend that we don't fight at our house. Have we never had a disagreement or made each other mad? Of course we have, but we don't just fight around here. In some homes there is a lot of yelling, cussing, storming off, slamming doors, and worse. I am thankful for a husband who does not fight. Our home is peaceful.

I am thankful for a husband who comes home and takes the little one into the other room for a talk about her behavior that day (when I called him at the end of my rope!) and she listened. Because Daddy doesn't yell and means every word he says. It is so nice to be on a team when it comes to parenting!

I am thankful for a husband who asks me before he makes big decisions. It's his call, but he asks and wants to know what I think. That's nice.

I am thankful for a husband who works hard. I've told you before, he has worked up to 3 jobs at a time! I know there are times at past jobs he wanted to tell someone off and walk away. He said if he had been single he would have. But he thought of us and kept working. He is a good provider and I am thankful for that. We can rely on him.

I am thankful for a husband who I can ask questions about the Bible to. And he'll study and answer them and discuss them with me. I truly believe some women would be farther along in their spiritual walk if they had a husband to ask when they got home. So, I am thankful for his spiritual leadership.

I can trust him. He takes care of us. He is loving. Hmmm. Sounds a whole lot like someone else I know.

I just know a lot of women who don't have this protection of a man who follows the Lord. And I know one whose wonderful, godly husband recently died. And I am just very, very thankful for the husband I have been blessed with.

6 comments:

  1. What a great blog entry! I think I might steal this idea and praise my hubby soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, Brenda. I, too, am thankful for the blessing of a great husband. We do, however, disagree from time to time. We don't fight because we've found it counter productive, but we do disagree. Truthfully, we are like night and day, and I'm thankful for that as well because we have both grown a lot and God has done a great work in us. We are masters of the art of compromise in a way we never would have been without the challenges. We appreciate each other so much more now than we did 13 years ago when we married. I know that I am loved for who I am, warts and all, and so does he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Great post, Brenda! Isn't it so nice to have a happy home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your husband. I have to say that I feel the same way about mine. :)

    Also, thank you for telling me about the "entertaining" post. I really enjoyed it and, of course, could relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting... I am glad to meet you here! I look forward to getting to know you more!

    Great post. We get so busy, sometimes we forget to praise the ones that are most important. I tell my hubby if he feels like he needs to know me a little better... read my blog! He just laughs...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful tribute to your husband! Praise God for the harmony in your home. You are both so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)