Friday, February 3, 2012

My Friday--What I Was Awake For Anyway

I had to set my alarm this morning because at 7:45 on the money I had to drink this:

...AND get to the doctor within the hour. And I remembered that even though I had the kids lay out their clothes the night before, we are SORELY lacking in get-out-of-the-house-early practice.

But we made it. And after I got my blood drawn, we drove to McDonald's because none of us, especially fasting Mama, had any breakfast. Then we had to drive to husband's work for him to sign a paper.

I managed to stay awake through what little school we had today. Fridays are our short days. And then by 11:45 Mama was in dreamland. I vaguely kept track of the girls: they are in the backyard. Now they are playing Mario on the Wii. Now I hear them inside.

I woke up a little after 1:00 but couldn't actually GET up until my sister rang the doorbell at 1:40. Good grief! I think it was a combination of 2 things:

1. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and decided instead of just laying there, I would be productive. So I got up a little after 4:00 and paid bills and updated the checkbook. I went back to bed about 5:30am. Husband's alarm started going off just after 6:00.

2. My sugar high crashed.

Ug. What a day. We ate "lunch" at 2:00.

I've read several posts today about making our homes lovely and our calling as homemakers. I WANT my home to look good. I'm tired of seeing it like it is. But I just cannot summon up the energy to do what needs to be done.

The girls have been excellent helpers. They have helped me keep up with the essentials. But I want LOVELINESS!! I know...I know. It will come.

And thankfully, it's the weekend!! No school or bill paying to worry about so I can surely get some "home things" done. Yay!!

The girls are happily playing with their dollar store dolls. It was what Sweetheart wanted more than anything for Christmas. Little Bit bought it for her and the normally $5 doll was on sale for $2.50. This week Little Bit decided she wanted one--different hair and clothes--and she had the money. She got it today on sale for $4. They are happy and playing. Do you know how happy it makes me that they are content and pleased with dollar store dolls?


Off to sigh at my house a few more minutes and then maybe get up and do something about it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I get to drink that stuff again next week, so I feel your pain (already passed the test once, but after giganto-baby last time my doctor is being paranoid). And I've been sick in bed the entire week and forced to watch my lovely home descend into chaos around me. Felt well enough to catch up laundry and dishes and clean the kitchen this morning while my husband took the kids grocery shopping, but now he's cooking spaghetti in the kitchen while I recover from overdoing it. Did he have to pick the MESSIEST dinner known to mankind? I guess beggars can't be choosy, eh?

    Hope your energy levels pick up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)