- I tore the homeschool room up last week so that we could rearrange. I got all the furniture in place and I really like it. I am not a fan of having things in the same place for a whole 'nother year. HOWEVER, now I am left with my not-so-favorite part of sorting through stuff and piles and crap.
Oops. Little Bit just fell off the couch while inside the laundry basket. She's OK. I imparted motherly words of wisdom, "Laundry baskets are for clothes, not people."
- Where was I? Oh yes. So I spent the weekend Googling images with "homeschool room" "homeschool space" "homeschool organizing" etc. There are WAY more pictures online now than there were a few years ago. And here is what I learned: Shelves make or break a room. I saw some of the most horribly over-loaded shelves and they just ruined the whole space. I know we need these things as homeschoolers, but yikes! So, nerd that I am, I have begun a Word document with a 6X5 table in it to plan what will go in each little cubby of our shelves. I am getting rid of a LOT of stuff too.
- I bought fabric for the bedspreads in the girls' new room!!! This means I can choose a paint color and actually START the room makeover!!! I am so excited! I still have to get batting and muslin for the back of the bedspreads, but the fabric for both beds was only $26. I thought that was pretty good.
- The toy room is done for now, but I have to admit I shoved 2 laundry baskets of "stuff" in the closet. Those need to be dealt with this week and probably will result in many trash sacks going out the door. A lot of it is just little pieces that go in other baskets. It drives me crazy. I am so good at doing the big stuff, but when it gets down to the last little bits I just lose all interest.
- So yes. I have torn up 2 rooms of the house and not finished either one.
- We are having a Read-A-Thon today. We will throw blankets, pillows, cushions and such on the floor and read until we are blue in the face. I am such a great mom.
OK fine. It's because we checked out our usual allotment of library books last week and I have YET to take them out of the trunk of the car. And they are due tomorrow. Thus....a Read-A-Thon!!!!!
Hope you all have a great start to your week!